Thursday, March 02, 2006
First night ALONE

I'm here, I promise! Just very busy. Besides bringing home a new baby this week, we're preparing our home to put on the market. Lots of painting and carpentry going on around here! We're hoping to sell the house FAST and get moved to Henry County to start Chris' new ministry position ASAP!

My mom left yesterday...part of me says that's good, and part of me wants her back NOW. She is an accountant for a business in Nashville and had to spend a LOT of time on the computer working (which is one reason for my absence as of late), but she was very helpful when Andrew decided he was going to stay awake from 1 am-7 am two nights in a row. Mom and I would take turns with him so I could get at least a little bit of rest at night. Last night I assumed it would be the same thing, so we tried something new. Chris and I pretty much forced him to stay awake (singing, dancing, playing with rattles, undressing him, tickling him, etc.) from 6-9 pm. We hoped he'd be too tired to stay up all night. And you know what? IT WORKED! My first night without my mom went VERY well. Andrew woke up at 1:30 am and 5:00 am for feedings, but other than that, he was OUT. He woke up at 8:30 for his morning feeding, which was good because we had his 1-week pediatrician appt this morning at 10:30. He's GREAT! He has gained 2 oz (bringing him to 5 lb 12 oz now), and his heart murmurs are gone! Woohoo! He had two heart murmurs after birth that the pediatrician was a little concerned about. He had an EKG at the hospital and they determined they were probably not serious...just two little valves that didn't have a chance to close before birth. We were very glad to hear they are gone now. :) He's just precious and we love him more every day...Just when I think I can't love him more, I do!

Did I mention before that I got a second degree tear from delivering this little guy? WOW, it hurts. I can't wait until it doesn't hurt to pee. I have to take at least one 20-minute iodine bath every day until my 4-week postpartum checkup. Yay. Anyway, that's the only physical gripe I have at the moment. My gallbladder is doing just fine (no attacks since Feb. 1, knock on wood!) and my OB told me I can really ease up on the GD diet since I was doing so well anyway. I'm so glad to be able to eat more normal things again. :)

Well, gotta run...Must go stare at Andrew some more. :) Oh, and help clean the house. That too. Let me leave you with another adorable picture (or two) of my little man.





2 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Two words...Sitz Bath. You can get one at any pharmacy. It's a plastic pan that sits on top of the open toilet seat. It has a tube with a bag that you fill with very warm water. You sit on the pan and open the valve and water squirts on your sore parts. It also fills up the pan so your hiney soaks in it and it feels SO good on your poor hoo-ha. I used to take 15 minute breaks from Aaron just to use my sitz bath. I didn't need it with Kam, but then again, his head wasn't nearly as big as Aarons. Glad all's well!

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

So happy to hear he is doing well and you did a bang up job of your first night alone. Go you!

Hope you heal quickly.

Thanks for all the adorable photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger