Thursday, February 16, 2006
Can't Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me...

Oh.my.gosh. I've been awake since 4 am. What is wrong with me?? I know I must have been driving Chris crazy with my tossing and turning, so I finally just got up and went to sit in the nursery. Then I started organizing and looking at baby stuff, so I thought maybe I should come in the den and lie on the couch. Then the cats started meowing for food, so I got up to feed them, and now here I am at the computer. What is my deal? I'm really tired! Why can't I sleep? Is insomnia normal at this point? I have a doctor's appt in less than 4 hours. Maybe that's it. I've been planning to ask him/her (depending on which doc I see today) about a specific date for induction or c-section, as well as talk about the risk of c-section. I think I would much rather go ahead and be scheduled for a c-section instead of going through an induction that fails and makes me get sent rushing to the O.R. for an emergency c-section. But I guess everyone runs that risk, so I don't know that they will schedule the c-section just because I'm a little freaked out. I'm just thinking about my first prenatal appt when Dr. E said that I'm "small" and have a "prominent pelvic bone" (whatever that means). Plus, we've recently been told that Andrew has quite a large head -- measuring two weeks ahead of the rest of his little body! Ummm...I don't know if I can push a big ol' head out of such a small space. Maybe (most likely) I'm just freaking out over nothing. I just have a really hard time shutting off my brain lately. I think its the bedrest. I can't do anything else, so I sit and think about WHY I'm lying on the couch. I'm having a baby! Then I start to stress. The unknown just kills me. I really hope this is easier next time around.

OK, off to lie down and (hopefully) get a couple of hours sleep before going to this appointment...





4 Comments:
Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

yes of course insomnia is normal right now! i heartily recommend getting them to schedule the c-section. it's way easier to recover from if you haven't been worn out from labor first!

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

Unless something god forbid goes wrong, I don't think it would really be an emergency c-section. Since I was not dilated or effaced my doc always knew it was a good possibility. It was kind of like...well, let's give it a shot. So they will probably have a good sense of where you are when you go in and how you are responding to the drugs.

--And yeah...sleeping is pretty hard by now, right? I think it's normal.

DOOOOOO try to sleep the night before your induction, even if it means taking some kind of sleep aid (assuming your doc will let you). I sooooo regret not sleeping the night before. I basically fell asleep on the operating table when they were sewing me up.

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I have to say, that's got to be the most bizarre post title I've ever seen. I'm really disturbed by it.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, girls!
Lorem - Its from a Simpsons episode where Bart can't sleep and repeats that phrase over and over. Its pretty funny. Sorry to scare you! Heehee! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger