Thursday, February 09, 2006
Under Pressure

First off, THANK YOU for the sweet thoughts and encouraging notes...Y'all make me feel so cared for! *sniff*

So, the first day of bedrest has gone all right...I took two naps and have watched a lot of TV. Nice. I worried about the students at school, of course, but quickly realized that stressing over that will only make my BP go up MORE so I need to stop. I talked to another teacher tonight and she's making sure lesson plans are in place and things are going all right there. Thank God for good friends. I checked my BP three times today. Here's what I got: 140/100, 145/95, then 138/96. That's still high. Dang it. I just keep telling myself that I go to the doc Monday and if they say its time for Andrew to come out, then its all good. 36 weeks is great. We saw him doing his practice breathing yesterday on the u/s so he's getting ready anyway. I've had a couple of contractions today, but just a couple. I feel like all these docs are watching him well and if they think he'd be better off outside the womb, then they'll tell me and we'll get him out. For now, though, I'm just counting the days and praying he and I make it these last 30 days or less. (And Lorem, to answer your question, I think its absolutely CRAZY that I'll be having a baby in the next month or so!)

Gotta go lie down again...I'll check in tomorrow! Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts! I sure can feel them!





2 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

If you can keep the BP lowering a little each day like you just did, then you might just be able to buy a little extra time right?

Like you say, you have so many people keeping an eye on things that all will turn out for the best on whatever day Andrew comes:) Thinking of you ((hugs))

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

Sleep all you can now you will need it when he arrives. You deserve every minute of this rest... er... ok that didn't sound right... not like you deserve to be on bed rest but you certainly should be pampered to the hilt right now. Good luck. Will be thinking of you and Andrew.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger