Monday, January 16, 2006
32 Weeks

Just got back from my 32-week appointment at the OB's...Yes, I still have the head cold from h*ll but its moving south now into my chest. Great. At least I can take Robitussin. That seems to help a little bit.

OB appt went really well! His little heartrate was in the 140's. Next appointment will be on the 30th. I'll be 34 weeks and will start my weekly non-stress tests at that point. Dr. E said I'd be strapped to the machine for about 30 minutes or so. I asked about the risk of early induction or c-section and she didn't seem to think my risk was extraordinarily increased, but said that having GD does make it a little higher than the average woman. Did you know that GD babies tend to have more fat around their shoulders which can make vaginal delivery difficult and lead to a c-section? I didn't!

Dr. E said the rate of c-sections among their patients was only about 15%, which is well below the national average of @25%. I was impressed and hopeful that I might not need major surgery to get th is baby out. But hey, whatever it takes to get Andrew here healthy and happy! I really don't want to tear myself in half down there...I'd much rather have a pleasant c-section experience than a horrific vaginal delivery experience.

I haven't gained a single pound since my last visit, so I am still only one pound above my pre-pregnancy weight. CRAZY. I really need to take a belly pic so people can see how huge I am and understand how insane I think it is that I've only gained one pound.

Well, I'm off to fix dinner, which will be difficult since all this sinus drainage is making my appetite pretty much disappear. But, a girl's gotta eat...Later, we'll be watching 24 (a major obsession here at our house!). I can't wait!





1 Comments:
Blogger cat had this to say:

Hooray for 32 weeks Anna. Really wonderful news. You are so close!

If you do end up having a C-section there is a good book I've been reading:
The Essential C-Section Guide : Pain Control, Healing at Home, Getting Your Body Back, and Everything Else You Need to Know About a Cesarean Birth

I might need one and knowing what may be ahead helped me relax a little. If you like to be full of info with all the gorey details get it. If not avoid it like the plague and get it afterwards if you do end up needing a c-section.

Will be hoping you don't and all goes smoothly with the birth.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger