Monday, January 02, 2006
Goodbye Christmas...

Well, today is the day we take down all the Christmas decorations. I'm kinda sad but also kinda excited, because this is (hopefully) the last holiday we'll have alone together. Next year it'll be all about the baby (God willing) and we'll be covered up in family members who used to care about us but now only care about the baby. Its already started, actually. Most of our gifts this year were baby things or gift cards for baby stuff...When my mom arrived at my house this year she said hello to my belly first, then to my face. Nice. Oh well, its worth it and I totally understand it. Anyway, today we'll be packing up the ornaments and tree, along with our very minimal Christmas decorations around the house (we don't have many since every year before, we've traveled for Christmas and haven't seen the use in it), and prepare for life as normal...whatever "normal" is.

I have my next OB appt on Wednesday (yay!). I think I'm going to ask how soon we can get this baby out. :) I am SO impatient!

I go back to school this week, which sucks. Thursday and Friday are teacher work days, so at least there's not going to be any kids there. Monday, the insanity begins all over...and only intensifies because state testing is in April and there is SO MUCH PRESSURE in our school to perform well on those stupid tests. From now until maternity leave, I'll be sweating it out, praying the kids are learning something, which they probably aren't because they don't care! Anyway.

Things went REALLY well yesterday with the church and we're hoping to hear something on Friday. We're so anxious to know for sure, but have lots to keep us busy until then, so it's OK. I'm really excited about the changes that are coming and hopeful that 2006 will indeed be the year of exciting new changes for the Irvin household. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger