Sunday, January 01, 2006
Happy New Year!

Today is a brand new beginning. I love New Year's Day. It might just be my favorite holiday. Its like a giant promise...I hope this ends up being one of the best years of our lives. 2004 was the worst year of our lives (miscarriage, Chris being forced out of our church, etc), but 2005 wasn't so hot either. Last night we were talking and decided the best thing to come out of 2005 was this baby. Getting pregnant with Andrew was definitely the highlight of my year, especially after the LONG year trying to get and stay pregnant before. The worst thing to come out of 2005 was probably Chris' brother's affair while serving in Afghanistan. It really hurt the whole family, but at the same time, made Chris and me cling to each other even harder. Chris' lack of a job was hard on us, but in September he got a temporary job which helped a lot, financially. That job ended with the arrival of Christmas, however, so we're back to praying for a job again in 2006. Today, we visit a church we love and hope to serve with as pastor. (If any of you are the praying type, please pray all goes well this morning!)

We're hoping 2006 is the year of big changes and big fun. We hope to move away from this podunk town and begin serving at this new church, but most of all we hope for the biggest & best life-changing event ever...a new baby's arrival and the completion of our family. We hope 2006 leaves us changed forever...in a very good way. :) I hope this for all of you, too.





2 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

I hope you church visit went well:) Happy New Year!

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

What what what did I miss? What happened with Chris and the old church? Do you have a certain city/town in mind, or going where you hear they have a need of a pastor?

I hope your visit went well, or if not, you will find your perfect fit very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger