Monday, December 19, 2005
Get This!

Wow. Get this. Since my first OB appt (7w pregnant) I have only gained a total of ONE POUND. I started out losing weight because I was so sick, then I gained a little, but now I my weight is back down for a total weight gain of 1 lb (probably because of all the dietary changes I've had to make in the past month). I asked if that was OK, and the doctor said YES. He (not my usual OB - my main doc is a woman) said that, if the baby was measuring small he'd be concerned but I'm measuring right on time and Andrew has a strong heartbeat so he's not concerned at all. Anyway, I thought that was quite interesting and shocking, especially considering how big I feel! I can see Andrew move through my shirt and, while it freaked me out at first, I'm fascinated now. Last night I sat in the tub and watched him roll around and kick and poke. That was weird...but very cool. :) I go back to the OB every two weeks now until 36 weeks, when I'll start going every week. At my next appt they will have my letter requesting maternity leave so I can get that all set up with the school system! I can't believe it! The end is in sight!!!

Oh, one more thing...I am being sent to the diabetes/nutrition center on Wed. at 2:30 since the endocrinologist can't see me until Jan. 16! When I told him about having to take such a late appt he immediately said he'd send me to the nutritionist. I love my doctors! I'm so anxious but excited to actually get some information about what to do/what not to do. For now, though, they've given me a huge packet on what to eat and how many servings, etc. Very helpful. I'm feeling much better about everything. :)





2 Comments:
Blogger laura had this to say:

consider yourself lucky, as long as andrew is healthy, to not be packing on the pounds! women everywhere will despise you! but, you know, in a good way.

hope your trip went well.

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I'm so glad you're seeing SOMEONE Wednesday. And one pound - I'm jealous! I've been pregnant twice and gained weight twice, and haven't lost any of it! So whatever you're doing, I want tips! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger