Friday, December 09, 2005
Referral.

Yep, she said referral. I have GD. Crap! I know its not the end of the world, but it just seems like everything is hitting me all at once and I'm hormonal on top of it all...I need a good cry.

I'm all concerned about what to eat now. I googled some stuff and it looks like I'll need to do the low-carb, low-sugar diet, but most of the foods recommended are NOT recommended if you have gall stones, like I do. I have to eat low-fat, low-carb, low-sugar foods. That means...what? Lettuce? I'm lost. I tried to call the endocrinologist but their office is closed on Fridays so I have to wait until at least Monday to figure anything out. Probably later, since I'm sure I'll have to get an appt before he'll even speak to me. Sigh. If anyone has any ideas or experience, please let me know. I'm going to go lie down now.





4 Comments:
Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

Oh that sucks! I'm sorry. I think the doc will refer you to a nutritionist. He/she should be able to give you a good plan about what to eat or not eat. I know that on all the major message boards there are boards for women with GD.

 

Blogger Julie had this to say:

I am thinking you will have to go to the nutritionist too. What I would do, in the mean time, is go by the GD diet (from what you can find online or whatever) until you get to go to the nutritionalist. The GD is the more important thing here (although I know the gallstones can make things miserable). You'll get through it, and like Roxanne said, there is tons of support out there for women with GD. ((((((hugs))))))

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Mmmm lettuce. This sucks and to have in conjunction with gall stones is really very unfair:( I wish I had a clue with how to help, but me and nutricion - well we ain't good friends. Hang in there and be kind to yourself - you are going through some really challenging stuff right now ((hugs))

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I'm bummed out for you. Another reason to look forward to the next three months being over...

Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger