Saturday, November 26, 2005
Quiet Weekend

So my parents (dad and stepmom, actually) left around 3 pm yesterday. When Chris got home from work we enjoyed a nice, quiet (read: nagging-free) evening. I love my parents, but they are a little much sometimes. I know they mean well, though, and I know they deeply love me and Chris (and this baby), so its OK. They went with me to my appointment yesterday and sat with me while I waited the hour to get blood taken for the GTT, then took me shopping (woohoo!) at Babies 'R Us and bought us the stroller/travel system we want AND the Pack-n-Play we want. We got the Graco Metrolite travel system in Delancy print, and the Pack-n-Play, with the mobile, bassinet and changing table (Ivy League print). In light of all they've given us and done for us, I can take a little nagging here and there about my diet and exercise habits, among other things.

We got home and got the Pack-n-Play all set up 'cause I was just too excited, and of course, this is what immediately happens:



Bad kitty! Oh well. I knew it would happen. In the pictures, Toby is on the changing table, but I've caught him in the bassinet as well . I'm gonna have to figure out a way to keep him out once there's actually a baby in there.

Anyway...its been a fun, quiet weekend so far. Chris and I decorated the Christmas tree and now the kitties are all asleep under it. I think the lights are soothing to them. No gallbladder attacks since Tuesday (and no good food, either), so all's well with the world at the moment.





1 Comments:
Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

I thought the cats might stay away once the baby was born but they're not the teensiest bit afraid of him, which is why we finally gave in and got the crib tent for peace of mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger