Monday, November 14, 2005
Home Sweet Home



Louisville was so much fun!! We arrived Saturday at about noon and met up with my college bud Shannon. We went to Cheddar's to eat (it was a favorite place to eat when we were in college in Lexington, so it was nostalgic and fun for us) and Shannon surprised me with two more friends from college who came to eat with us! It was awesome. We left there around 2:30 and drove to Georgetown (where we attended college). The town has changed so much. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They now have a Super Wal-Mart, a Lowe's, and a Kohl's...not to mention SO MANY new places to eat! When we were there, Scott County was a dry county, and now they're "moist" (liquor by the drink), so now all the good restaurants have decided to come. We left around 6 pm to head back to Louisville, and Chris started talking about wanting to go to Indiana, so we drove across the bridge (over the Ohio River) just so he'd shut up about it. :) Now he can officially say he's been to Indiana. We drove around a while and then went on back to Shannon's place to see her new house. She's so excited to be a homeowner...a big deal for a single chick like her. (She's always been VERY attached to her family, so this really was a big step for her.) Sunday, we woke up and went to church with Shannon, then drove out to see Churchill Downs! It was so cool! We drove around and saw the U of L campus and Shannon's high school, then went to eat at Mark's Feed Store. I think that was the name. That was some REALLY good barbeque. :) After a late lunch, we went back to Shannon's to pack and hang out, then went to the airport at about 6:30 for our 8 pm flight.

We got back home at about 11:15 pm last night after a short delay with the plane. We had to fly into Birmingham, AL, so it took us about an hour and a half to get home after landing and quickly getting out of the airport (we landed at 9:30 pm). It was a great trip, but SO GOOD to get home. I was kind-of freaked about flying, even though I know its OK and everything I've read says that the 2nd trimester is the best time to travel. Andrew was kicking the whole way to Louisville in the plane, and most of the way back. :) I guess he was letting me know he was OK. Nice boy. He knows his momma worries about him. It was so funny...every time the plane would hit some turbulence, or when the landing gear would come down as we prepared to land, he would kick really hard, as if he'd heard the noises. It was funny.

Today has been really hard, since I didn't sleep well Friday night or Saturday night and got home so late last night. Thank God I'm home and can just go put on my PJs and go to bed in a few hours. :) First, though, I have to check some blogs and see how everyone is doing!





4 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I'm about to get really mad. I love Mark's (don't know which location you went to). I used to work at UofL. I lived five minutes from Churchill and the airport. I don't know which church you went to, but I have a feeling it was Southeast Christian - five minutes from where I live now.

Not to be a fifth wheel... but next time, I'd love to meet you. But most of all, I'm glad you had fun!

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Awww, Eve! You know, I didn't even think about it until late the night before we left and by then it was too late to get your info to call you! We were so busy, though, it was CRAZY! Next time, I promise, I will think ahead and get your number to call you! :)

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

ps Where did you end up going to church?

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Sorry to keep assaulting your poor blog with the comments, but I took another look - close up this time - and that's a lovely picture of you and your friend. Yep, you're definitely having a baby!

Next time see if you can get a tour of Churchill Downs and/or the Louisville Slugger Museum. Both are really fun to see, even if you aren't an out-of-towner. Also Shaker Village is cool - it's about an hour or so drive, but fascinating.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger