Friday, November 04, 2005
Grrrr...

Ugh. This is a total teacher vent. Sorry if it bores you, but I gotta let it out.
Sometimes I really hate people. I know, that's not very nice of me, but so true. I went back to school today (feeling weak, but much better, thank you!) and had to deal with some issues with a student. He's one of my special ed students who takes resource math, reading and language arts. Anyway, we had a meeting and decided this kid needed extra support in science and social studies. This meant a big change in his schedule. Well, one of his teachers threw a FIT because "it messed up her other classes." Sheesh. None of the other four teachers got upset, and it definitely changed their classes as well. This teacher ALWAYS does this. Makes me so mad. She says she wants what's best for the students, but only as long as it doesn't affect her. Part of me says, forget her. Its no big deal. I probably won't even be there next year anyway, so who cares what she thinks of me? But the other side of me REALLY cares what everyone else thinks of me and wants everyone to like me all the time, so of course this matters. Grrrr. I wish I could just forget it. I hate that I care about what people think of me. I wish I could be one of those people who are so confident that they really, truly DON'T care what everyone else thinks.

Sigh. I'm going to go watch a movie or some stupid TV show and try not to think about her stupid fit.





3 Comments:
Blogger laura had this to say:

hey, it's all about the kids.

hope your friday night entertainment relieved your distress.

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

Who ARE those people? Do they exist?

Teaching is really hard. Give yourself a pat on the back...or how about a twinkie?

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Mmmm...twinkies. That sounds good. Great idea, Vix! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger