Saturday, October 22, 2005
20 Weeks

Baby is now offically half-baked! Monday is the big ultrasound! Fortunately, weekends always seem to FLY by for me, so it'll be here before I know it. Then I just have to make it through the day with the kids and head to the doc! I don't care if its a boy or girl...I just want it to be alive and healthy. I want it to be a very boring, routine ultrasound with no concern or further testing needed. I want that happy moment of "Its a....." where Chris and I gasp and laugh and hug each other and say "I can't believe it!" and all that stuff. I WANT NO SCARY MOMENTS. I think my biggest fear is still a missed miscarriage. I've had no spotting or anything, so the whole missed miscarriage thing is the biggie fear. Of course, after 20 weeks, wouldn't it be considered a stillbirth vs. a miscarriage? Crap. OK, moving on. Can't let myself sit here and think of what COULD happen. I'm trying to be positive and optimistic.

As far as distractions for the weekend, we bought the movie Saved! and hope to watch it this weekend. Should be funny. I know it was produced (or written or directed or something) by a guy who's a Christian and making fun of other Christians. Personally, I don't get offended by that stuff 'cause I know there are MANY stupid Christians out there who give the rest of us a bad name. I just hope none of you judge me by their stupidity. Besides the movie, the Alabama/Tennessee football game is today, and that will be the event of the year here in our household. Chris is a HUGE Bama fan, and I'm a pretty big Tennessee fan, so this game always brings lots of fun to our home. Sunday is church, and we always stay busy on Sundays, so Monday really will be here before I know it. :) I can't wait.





5 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Funny you should mention it - we saw 'Saved!' last night. My husband didn't think it was very funny - in fact, he said, 'That was an AWFUL movie.' But I thought it was great. Improbable in a lot of parts, but a lot of fun.

Remember this message: The people you think are the bad guys are often the most Christian of all.

We'll talk more after you watch it!

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

Congratulations on reaching 20 weeks! That's awesome!

I thought the movie was cute...it's the one with MacCauley Culkin, right?

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

That school in Saved was exactly like the school I went to as a child. (my parents are born-again christians) Mr. Miao didn't get the inside jokes. I howled. It was overall a good flick. It's true the "bad guys" are often the people who reflect the true meaning of the christian message.

May Monday bring you much joy.

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Cat was the Eva Amurri character, I'm sure.

*major girl crush on Eva Amurri!*

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

i loved the movie, because it depicts how i grew up, although i regret that i was closer to mandy moore's character than eva ammuri's. (big sigh)

i think it can only (or at least best) be appreciated by open-minded christians or former ones. i'll be curious to see what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger