Friday, October 07, 2005
Warning: Pregnancy Post!

Warning: Please don't read if this will make you sad. I don't want anyone to be sad...I just have to express a little bit of joy about my little one.

So I broke down when I went to Target and I bought this little Prenatal Heart Listener. You can't really hear the heartbeat with it until the third trimester, but you can hear kicks, hiccups and stuff in the second tri. I thought, "Why not? I'm already going crazy here so if it brings me peace it'll be worth the $19.84 I'm spending on it." Well, I got in the car and immediately put in the battery and put it to my tummy, when I heard lots of kicks and even some hiccups. I'm addicted now. I love hearing the noises that little one is making. The kicks amaze me because they're so obvious through this machine, yet I feel NOTHING! I occasionally get a little squirmy feeling, but only when I'm lying down, completely still. How weird. Anyway, I am good now and can't put down the darn thing.

Chris was initially like, "I can't believe you spent money on that thing" but when he heard the kicks and movement, he was impressed. That's the best part, I think...him being able to hear those precious movements. Anyway, I think this will help ward off my psycho moments of extreme fear at least until my 20 week appt (which is on Oct. 24, by the way!)...Let's hope so.





3 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Sounds like a truly excellent way to spend $20!

I wish they were that cheap here:)

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

Hurrah, good for you for buying that it is a great way to comfort yourself and I hope you will get to hear the heartbeat soon.

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

you got a great deal on peace of mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger