Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Feeling More Human...Now I Can Rant!

Ahhh...breathing is good. I decided to take the Sudafed and rub Vapor Rub on my upper lip and it helped! I was actually able to sleep through the night fairly well and BREATHE through most of it! I was a little nervous about taking the meds, but I figured my not breathing is actually just as bad or worse for the baby than the Sudafed. So, here I am.

Fall Break. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...I LOVE being a SAHwife. My house is clean, the laundry is done, and I still get to rest a little throughout the day! I can cook good meals for my dear sweet husband (as long as I am feeling OK and can handle the smells)...Life is good when you're on break. Alas, I must return to the classroom on Monday. Oh well. I really do like my job, no matter how much I complain. I love the kids, I love the subject I teach (math), and the administration at my school is wonderful. I'm a lucky girl to work for them, really. No Child Left Behind has out a lot of pressure on us, however, and things have been tense. For the past two years, our special education Math scores have kept us on the "Needs Improvement" list. My question is, HOW ARE SPECIAL ED KIDS SUPPOSED TO PASS A GRADE LEVEL TEST?!?! If they could pass their grade level tests, THEY WOULDN'T BE IN SPECIAL ED!! They have learning disabilities!! Am I the only one who has figured this out? Grrr. The kids feel the pressure, the teachers feel the pressure, the parents feel the pressure...Its not good for anyone. I have been feeling the pressure intensely since this year I am the ONLY special ed. math teacher in the school...That means its all on me to get these kids to pass the state test in April. Oh, but did I mention I'm due to have a baby in March? God willing, I won't even be there to give the test. Ah, the stress. I can't wait to have this baby so I can escape that stress and exchange it for "new baby" stress. I really do love my school, but NCLB has made it a little less enjoyable this year. I'm praying my heart out for a way to get to stay home with this baby and not have to go back to work next Fall.

Anyway. Enough ranting about that. I'm off to meet my hubby on his lunch break. We're going to Waffle House! Yum!





2 Comments:
Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

Ewwww....you're a math teacher? I'm sorry, but we can't be friends anymore.

Hee hee.

(I am very bad at math.)

Glad you're feeling better!!!!

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

mmmmm....pecan waffle-y goodness....you're making me hungry!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger