Thursday, October 06, 2005
What is WRONG with me??

I don't know what started it...maybe my being sick and taking medicine...who knows. But here I am, worried sick that my baby is dead. What in the world? Its been at least 2 weeks since I've really considered it, but now its all I think about. I've even considered calling my doctor and lying about some weird pain or bleeding just so I could get in and either have an ultrasound to check things or at least hear the heartbeat. Man, I seriously need some counseling.

I need to remind myself of why things are OK and the baby is NOT dead. First, I'm nauseous as all get out. Second, I've been having serious ligament pain, which tells me the baby is growing (not dying). Third, I *think* I might have actually felt some movement recently. I can't tell. I've never been here before so I don't really know what it feels like, but I *think* I felt some tumbling or swishing or something weird. The baby won't move too much if its dead, right?

I wish I had a doppler. That, and the name of a good psychiatrist. Oh well. I guess I'll have to settle for lunch at the Waffle House. (Can you tell I'm on a kick here?)





3 Comments:
Blogger cat had this to say:

Oh Anna after what you have been through it is normal to worry.

If you feel you need to see the baby or hear it call your doctor tell them that you are afraid and the stress is not good for the baby and you want to make sure that everything is ok. They should be able to find a way to get you in there for a quick check up.

It's really alright to ask for reassurances.

I'm sending you hugs and hope that you feel better soon.

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

i don't think you need a psychiatrist (although waffles may help!), but if you're getting frantic, then tell your dr things don't feel right and you must come in and don't take no for an answer. your mental health is worth it.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

I agree with Cat and Laura. If you are getting wound up about it then that is reason enough.

Here's hoping you find some peace very soon:)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger