Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Who's Down With G-O-D??

First of all, THANK YOU for the sweet comments about my little boy! I'm still on cloud nine! So far, the name will be Andrew Lane, but that could change, I guess...I like it, though, and hope it sticks. Andrew is my dad's middle name, and Lane is Chris' middle name (as well as HIS dad's middle name). :) OK, I'll stop now before I babble on and on about how excited I am...

Anyway.

OK, I've now watched about half of Saved! Its HILARIOUS. I went to a private Christian high school, but it was nothing like this. The school reminds me of some youth camps I attended, though, and it cracks me up! I've actually known people like "Hilary Faye" and thought they were really stupid. I mean, do they actually think that approach works? The whole thing just makes me laugh...I can't wait to watch the rest of it. Most of all, I watch it and hope no one ever views us as that kind of Christian, and it makes me more and more determined that my kids will not attend private school. I don't want my kids to be so sheltered that they don't know what the real world is like. I want my kids to be REAL, GENUINE Christians - the kind people WANT to be around, not the kind that turn off people and make them want to run away and never have anything to do with God or the church.
I know I've got to finish watching the rest of the movie to get the full effect, but so far...HILARIOUS. Can't wait to finish it!





5 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

See, my husband didn't think it was funny because we know too many people like that. It was more like a painful documentary for him.

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

That movie is hilarious! I love the name, by the way...

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

What a lovely name:) How exciting!

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

i love "lane" - i once had a fearsome crush on a boy whose middle name was lane. (sigh)

children learn by example, and andrew lane or whoever he turns out to be will grow up with a mother who is an example of genuine christianity. he'll be just fine.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Awww, Laura! That's probably the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long, long time!! (((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger