Monday, November 28, 2005
CRAP!!!!!

OK, how much more can a person take??? First, I have to go see a surgeon on Dec. 12 (two weeks from today) about my gallbladder and the possibility of operating before Andrew is born or waiting 'til afterwards...My doc says that, in the worst case scenario, we have to induce labor at 35 weeks and operate while I'm in the hospital. Best case scenario is we let the boy come when he's ready and I control the gall stones with diet and exercise, and operate about six months postpartum.

But now, the kicker...my glucose screen came back ABNORMAL. I have to go for the 3-hr test. I'm going to have to take a day off work so I can go in the morning and get this done. Grrr. High blood pressure, gall stones, possible GD...How much more can I take??

OK, off to google GD, hypertension, and gall stones now. I'll be back to whine more later, after I'm completely freaked out by the internet info I'm sure I'll find. Sigh.





6 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

DO NOT PANIC. Plenty of people fail the initial glucose test, then do fine on the three-hour one (Roxanne comes to mind). So please don't freak out!

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks for the reminder, E. I appreciate it. I'm breathing a little easier now that I've seen how many women really DO fail the 1-hr and pass the 3-hr.
Breathe in, breathe out...I'm OK now. :) Thanks!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

I am sorry you're going through all of this. (((hugs)))

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

my sister failed the one-hour and then came back with flying colors, too. but this stuff always seems to come flying at us in clusters, doesn't it? i hope your gall bladder chills out for a while.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Never rains but pours right? But what they said - no panicking. All of these things can be treated and controlled and with proper attention Andrew will get here when and as he was always meant to. I've had two pregnancies with added spicy bits and both my girls arrived strong and healthy:) It'll be fine:)

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

Crap is right Anna. Hoping you are ok and that this will work out. It will be ok and we are out here rooting for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger