Thursday, December 15, 2005
Thanks!!!

Thanks for all the amazing support, girls! I am definitely going to check out amazon.com and see about some books just for more info, and I'm calling my OB in the morning to see if they can help me out. I'm guessing they'll tell me we can discuss things in great detail when I come in on Mon. morning, but at least by calling I'd be DOING something. I hate just waiting. And believe me, I will raise a big stink if they act like its no big deal.
For now, I'm eating a low-carb. low-sugar, low-fat diet and I guess its working. I'm following the basic guidelines of 30 g carbs for breakfast, 40 g for lunch, 40 g for dinner, and two 20 g snacks. I guess I could go buy one of those One Touch Ultra things they sell at the pharmacy to check my blood sugar, but I'm not sure how often to do it or what I'd do with whatever number it gave me...I don't know what's too high or too low, or what to do about it if it were too high or low. (I could probably find that info on the 'net somewhere...) And what if I need insulin? Sigh. I want to know what I need to do for my particular needs, not the average person's needs. And what I really want is a referral to a nutritionist so I can better balance my GD diet with my gallbladder diet.

Anyway, these are my concerns as of late. At least I feel OK...I guess that's good. Who knows. But hey, no gallbladder attacks lately, and I actually feel physically better by eating less fried stuff and less sweets. But I will never admit that to my parents, who have been bugging me to change my diet and eat healthier for YEARS. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger