Monday, December 12, 2005
Pain Diary

I guess this blog is going to become some kind of pain diary now, because now all that happens to me is gallbladder attacks and diabetes issues. I had been doing so well...no gallbladder attacks in almost three weeks. Last night, however, I awoke at about 12:30 or 12:45 am to some discomfort. I propped myself up on some pillows, went to the bathroom, etc...By 2 am it was worse, and by 3 am I was moaning in agony and puking my guts up. It finally subsided at around 4 am, after Chris had gotten up, helped me into a hot bath, thinking that might help, turning on the TV to distract me, and basically just trying to be there for me. Poor guy. He had to work early this morning, and his wife's body had to throw a fit and disrupt his sleep. I got up and went to school, but was no nauseous (threw up a couple more times at school) and SO sore from the pain that my principal told me to come home and rest before going to my appt this afternoon. So, here I am, writing in my "pain diary." I really hope this doc can suggest something for the pain. I know they probably won't or can't do surgery but I gotta have something to take the edge off this pain. I have a feeling, though, that anything that might come close to easing this pain would be way too strong to take in pregnancy.

OK, I'm off to lie down now.





2 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

You poor thing! ((((((hugs))))))

Please let us know what the doctor says.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Oh Anna:( It sucks. I know it does. I was offered codiene for pain but that makes me throw up so I had nothing in the end.

I thoroughly enjoyed the morphine after the birth though. I only had to endure 3 weeks of what you are going through however:(

Sounds like you are doing a great job with your diet (no more fried chicken!!!). I hope this doesn't become too miserable for you:(

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger