Monday, December 12, 2005
If it tastes good, don't eat it.

Well, the doc said no surgery for me! If I had come in earlier (between 80-24 weeks), they could have done it, but my uterus is too big now so I have an appointment in April (April 17, to be exact) to schedule the operation. I will eventually be able to eat good food. Just not 'til about 6 weeks after Andrew gets here. Good thing is I know for a fact that I can control it with my diet. My big mistake yesterday was eating two fried chicken tenders and about ten french fries for lunch. I had kinda thought that maybe I could splurge a little since I'd been SO good lately, but apparently you can NOT cheat. Not even a little bit...'cause sure enough, 12 hours later, I'll be paying for it in a serious way. The basic rule for me is...If it tastes good, don't eat it. Words to live by, at least for the next 12-13 weeks.

For some happier news, my blood pressure is totally normal now! I even got the "great BP!" comment again! Whew! That's a relief. Also, we went to see Chronicles of Narnia tonight. I LOVED IT. I had never read the book or seen the cartoon or anything, so I had no real expectations, and I was wowed. Chris was a little disappointed...For some reason he was thinking it would be like Lord of the Rings, which it most certainly NOT. Anyway, I loved it and definitely want to watch it again. :)

OK, I'm off to eat a sandwich and then take a bath, then I'm going to bed. Hopefully not to be awoken by such pain this time. Cross your fingers!





4 Comments:
Blogger Anna had this to say:

I'm so sorry about all the pain and the GD! Thankfully your blood pressure is okay! Hang in there and feel better!

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

And here I was feeling so sorry for you - you ate bad fried food! But all kidding aside, you paid up. Now don't do it again. :-)

Hope you're feeling better.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, Anna! :)
Yeah, Eve, you're right. I cheated so I guess I deserved it. Holy cow, though...now the sight of anything fried almost makes me sick! So not worth the pain...

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Uggghhhh...at the worst time of year to avoid good tasting food, too! I hope this all goes fast for you and you can return to normal quickly!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger