Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Needles & such

Just got back from the diabetes clinic...I feel SO much better just for having some good information!!! I have a big fear of the unknown, so just having a pamphlet or two helps a lot! The nurse (Mary Lynn) was great and gave me a monitor to check my blood sugar four times a day, and lots of sample test strips and lancets until my OB can call in a prescription for more. They also gave me a MUCH better diet plan and guidelines for meals and snacks. I really can eat a lot more than I thought I could. I was surprised at some of the things on the list. I guess my biggest problem will be portion control, but that's always been my problem. They let me watch a video that summarized what the nurse had told me and answered even more questions. Overall, it was a very helpful visit, and I'm wondering if I even need to see that endocrinologist after all! I don't know what else they could tell me...I guess we'll see. I go back to my OB on the 4th, and back to the diabetes clinic on the 9th, so I will ask then if I can cancel the other appt and just meet with Mary Lynn instead.

In other news...I have a bad head cold that is completely kicking my butt. I can take Tylenol Cold & Sinus, though, so that helps. I am loving Christmas break because I can take naps when I want and not worry too much about disturbing my nighttime sleep schedule. (During school, I don't take naps because then I end up staying up way late and being SO tired the next day. It really messes me up.) Chris' temporary job has ended so he is home now, which is actually kind of nice. I mean, we need the income of course, but I am really enjoying his company. He really is my best friend. My mom and stepdad are coming to visit us on Christmas Day, and will likely stay until Wed. the 28th. Should be fun, as long as she doesn't nag too much. Oh, and remember the church in McDonough we were wanting to help re-start? Well, they have invited Chris to come preach on the 1st (yes, New Years' Day) and do a more formal interview afterwards, so we're really excited. If we are invited to take this ministry position, we'll be moving away from this podunk town in either late spring or early summer! Lots of changes are coming our way, but that's how its always been, so its normal for us. Yep, life is good!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger