Thursday, December 29, 2005
So Much Fun I Can Barely Stand It

We are so much fun. Today we slept until about 11 am (I'm on Christmas break and Chris' temporary job ended Dec. 21). I couldn't believe it! I really don't know when I last slept that late without being really sick. Sheesh. How lazy are we? We did, however, pull it together and get out of the house. We called our friends Graham and Mo (short for Maureen) and went to the mall to spend our gift cards! Woohoo! Chris & Graham went to Best Buy, Mo & I went to Babies R Us. My brother and sister-in-law got us a $50 gift card that could be used at Toys R Us or Babies R Us and I couldn't wait to spend it. I got the cutest diaper bag. Its black velvet and had the word "baby" spelled out in rhinestones. Here it is:

I call it my bling-bling baby bag. :) We had registered for a backpack-type diaper bag so Chris could carry it and not feel so "sissy" (his word). I just thought this one was fun, and I can carry it when I'm out alone with Andrew. We also got a really soft blue blanket with a lion on it (I LOVE lions!) and a cute bib that was on sale for $1.98. Altogether it cost about $30 (a really great deal), so I let Chris go to Toys R Us and get some stuff for us. We got Trivial Pursuit (90's version) for $7 and a couple of video games for Chris. We went to the mall because I had to return some things at Old Navy. (I had bought three maternity shirts that I outgrew before I even took the tags off!) I also had a Border's gift card that my principal gave all the teachers at school, so I got two new 2006 calendars (one for home, one for school). I just love after-Christmas sales! Afterwards, we went to IHOP and I got my favorite meal - the club sandwich! Yummm...I was afraid pancakes would be too much for my blood sugar, but I was so glad to see that my blood sugar was only 109 after the sandwich! Yippee! I can actually eat one of my favorite things! (Yes, I know, I'm boring. I just get way too excited about really stupid stuff.) We came home and played Scene It, and now I'm headed to bed. I know, I know...Its so thrilling to be me.





1 Comments:
Blogger Amber had this to say:

I think it's great to sleep late when you don't have to be anywhere! And after-Christmas sales are the tops! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger