Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Christmas with the Family...

They're leaving tomorrow! My mom and stepdad have been here since Christmas day and now they're driving us CRAZY! My mom is just such a worrywart (although she vehemently denies it when accused) and drives me and Chris nuts by the time she leaves. I think one or two days is enough, but by the end of the third day, its just time to go home so everyone can get back to life as normal. At least we didn't have to spend most of our holiday this year in the car, trekking across Alabama and Tennessee...This is the first time they've actually come to us, and it was really pretty nice.

ANYWAY. Thanks for the reassurance and advice about the movement thing. You all are SO right. I need to be most concerned about this baby, not what my doctor thinks of me. So, even if its Christmas Day, I should call and let her know when I think something is a little weird. It may be nothing, but I'd rather be seen as a crazy paranoid woman than ignore a potential problem. You just never know when it really is a big deal. So, thanks. Thanks for giving me that "push" and making me realize its not about me - its about Andrew. Fortunately, he's kicking me right at this moment and last night Chris saw him making my belly vibrate, which was cool. So, no worries now, but I promise to call my doc if I ever get that feeling again. :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or is enjoying their Chanukah season! Sending love and prayers for a peaceful, happy, blessed 2006 for you all...





1 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Sorry that I am just now catching up with your blog! I wanted to tell you that I agree with you and everyone about not being worried about what the doctors and nurses think! Go ahead and be worried...and go to the hospital/doctor if you feel like something isn't right. Or just if you need reassurance! That's their job! Who cares what they think. I went to the hospital twice during my pg with Kam because of lack of movement. Both times, he fired right up as soon as they put the monitors on. But thankfully, they all made me feel better by telling me that it happens a lot, and that they'd rather see me come in then ignore it and have something really wrong. It's better to be overly cautious then not cautious enough. The good news is that it sounds like Andrew is doing GREAT! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday, and that you're feeling well.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger