Thursday, December 22, 2005
Sugar...

Wow, I seriously have a problem. I was so encouraged yesterday by getting the glucose monitor and seeing such good numbers...I was told that my fasting blood sugar every morning should be between 60-100, and 2 hrs after meals should be below 120. Well, after lunch it was 75, and after dinner it was 68. Great! This morning, however, my fasting blood sugar was 195!!! Holy crap! That's 75 points higher than the maximum it should be! They told me to eat two servings of carbs and one serving of fat (each serving is 15 g) at my evening snack, after doing my two-hour blood sugar check after dinner. I did that, but obviously I don't need to have carbs later in the evening. Tonight I will try a protein snack and see if that helps bring down my fasting blood sugar.

I feel really old writing about all this diabetes stuff. This is stuff I used to sit around and listen to my grandparents discuss.

Anyway, today is going to be a busy day. We're having our cheerleaders' Christmas party. Yep, me, my friend (and co-cheer coach) Tammie, and 11 teenage girls, are going to Applebee's for lunch then back to Tammie's house for a gift exchange. Should be fun, though, and very loud. I'll check in on everyone when I finally return to my nice, quiet little home.





1 Comments:
Blogger laura had this to say:

so sorry about your trip to applebee's. you have my sympathy.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger