Saturday, December 24, 2005
Pay No Attention to the Crazy Pregnant Lady...

Yeah. After my freak-out earlier I sat down, looked at all my pregnancy books which said that if you notice a significant decrease in movement to call the doctor immediately. I cried and got Chris to freak out and google some info to see if we could find something that might say this is normal, and then...guess who decides to wake up? Yeah, him. The baby who is already driving his mommy crazy with worry. I was able to sit and watch my tummy move in some very strange directions and, though a bit uncomfortable, it was great. Geez, I am SO glad I didn't call Dr. E and disturb her Christmas Eve. I'd hate to be known around the office as the crazy pregnant woman who freaked out over nothing and ruined Christmas Eve for her doctor's family...

So, feeling better now. I drank a little bit of OJ (not too much - don't want to throw off my blood sugar) and watched him move some more, so I'm OK now. Stay tuned for the next exciting freak-out...

Until then, everyone have a very merry Christmas. I wish you all peace and hope for the coming year, and I thank God for each one of you. I don't know you in real life, but the support and comfort I feel from you all is amazing. Thank you. God bless you all.





8 Comments:
Blogger laura had this to say:

anna, i was a nervous wreck for months with hans - i went to the hospital in the middle of the night multiple times - and i didn't even understand what *could* happen. i don't think there's any way around that fear. hang in there.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, girls...You make me feel like I'm not a total psycho. :) Thanks for the support! Love you guys!

 

Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

he's running out of space to move around... it's normal to feel him less or differently as he gets bigger. hang in there, you'll make it. but certainly trust your gut and call the doctor if/when you need reassurance.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

At this stage, not only is he running out of room in some positions, but he still has enough room to get into positions where you won't feel him move as much due to his orientation, your body shape etc...

In a few weeks he will be big enough so that he won't have so much room to kick and punch, but equally, you will be able to feel him more evenly where ever he sits.

And call whomever you like when you like. You need to keep your blood pressure down too after all!

 

Blogger Catherine had this to say:

Do not EVER squash the urge to call the doctor. Do not EVER put yourself into a "crazy" category. Do not EVER just think "he's running out of room" or "he's just resting up." (If I had only called...)

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

And yeah - what Catherine said - I went to L&D twice towrads the end of my second pregnancy and although she was fine they found that I was having some heart problems.

I also played up until I got more detailed scans as I was like you not putting on any weight and couldn't see the harm in double checking things. In the end, these people get PAID (either by you or your insurance) to indulge your fears and treat them seriously.

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

So glad he's fine and you are ok too. Agreed call anytime you feel like something is up. They work for you and it's always ok to call if you need to. Hoping he keeps moving along and you are ok.

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

I'm so glad everything is okay.

I agree with Catherine. Don't ever doubt yourself. If you are worried, call. It does no harm.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger