Thursday, January 05, 2006
First Baby Shower and Other Ramblings

First of all...THANKS, Laura, for informing me about the NST's! I feel better about it now! :)

The teachers at school gave me a baby shower today...my first one! I got lots of cute baby clothes, blankets, bath stuff, and diapers! I had a little freak-out the other night because we didn't have any diapers. (I know...preggo hormones make you crazy!) Anyway, we got lots of cute stuff and I'm so excited. It seems more "real" now that we have more baby stuff. Whoa. We might just be bringing home a baby in 9 weeks! Crazy!

I was really bad about my eating today and ate a piece of my baby shower cake. It was from Publix, and if anyone knows Publix cake, you know its INCREDIBLE. I don't know what they do, but they make the BEST cake in the world. I couldn't resist. I was almost scared to test my blood sugar, but did it anyway. It was only 111! (Anything less than 120 is good.) I was shocked, but really happy!

Tomorrow we have another teacher work day. I'm leaving at lunchtime because Chris' family is all meeting in Gatlinburg, TN for the weekend. His mom and stepdad got a big cabin in the mountains and it should be a great time...Our last trip before life changes forever. We're also expecting some big news tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get good news about the church position and can start planning to move away from here!

In case I never shared about this church thing, here goes. (Its a long story but I'll try to make it as short as I can.) Chris used to be a youth minister but was forced out in Sept 2004 by a powerful minority who basically just wanted the control back. Since then, we've been praying about church planting (starting a brand-new church). Chris' first youth minister (his name is Ken) is now the pastor at a HUGE church that he started that's about 6,000 members strong, but who regularly starts brand-new churches across GA. They had a church in McDonough that had basically disintegrated when the pastor up and left them (down to about 15-20 members) and was wanting to re-start. Ken asked Chris if he was interested, and over the past few months we've been exploring this possibility. On New Year's Day he preached at this huge church and the group from McDonough came to hear Chris. We'd met with them several times before and personality-wise, its PERFECT. These people are AWESOME. Hearing Chris preach was basically the last step in the process. We hope to hear tomorrow that they liked him and are wanting him to come and work with them to re-launch this church. Fingers crossed!! Of course, if we get this position, it means we have to move to McDonough (@2 hrs away) and I have to leave my job at my amazing, wonderful school. :(

[P.S. The big bonus in this whole thing is that, normally, a church planter has to raise his own financial support or have an outside job, BUT the big church has planned to pay his salary! AND...its enough that I could actually be a SAHM, which is my one biggest desire as a mom-to-be. I already love this baby so much...I can't imagine leaving him with strangers, especially since I'll be in a brand new town and know NO ONE, not even anyone to ask for daycare or nanny references.]

I guess that's all for now...I probably won't get a chance to post again before leaving for the mountains, so I hope the weekend goes well for all! I want to return to nothing but EXCELLENT news, ok? :)





2 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

That's so wonderful. I hope (and pray, obviously) for good news by the weekend.

Things have a way of falling into place...

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

i hope everything works out for you with the new church.

and i totally understand about publix cake. it's so fluffy. all of it - the cake and the frosting. even the decorations. pure fluff. probably pure filth, too, but that didn't seem to cause your health any problems, so glad you got to enjoy some!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger