Tuesday, January 24, 2006
More Drama

Well, girls...Just seems I can't get through a week without some drama. I woke up this morning to some significant spotting, so I called Dr. E and she wanted to see me immediately. I went in and, though I had stopped spotting, she ran all kinds of tests and things are good, cervix-wise. Closed up tight, long and high, etc. No contractions at all. She did an ultrasound to check my placenta and things look good there, but Andrew is measuring three weeks too small (30w3d). She's sending me to a high-risk perinatologist in the morning (10 am appt) to rule out intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) and other possible complications, and basically make sure he's still doing well. Something interesting she said: Women who are true diabetics (diabetes before pregnancy) tend to have smaller babies, so it may be that I had diabetes before and didn't know it! Also, another reason for the small size may be that I'm only 4'10" and just don't have a lot of room for him to grow! He might just be short like his momma. Could be that my strict diet (due to the gall stones and GD) is not getting him enough calories. Who knows? Dr. E just wants to be sure, and we'd all rather be safe than sorry. I'm just hoping for good news tomorrow.

On a positive note, Andrew's heartbeat was strong and steady, and he's still head down and moving a lot. She just wants to stay on the safe side and check it out. I'm trying to just relax and not worry, but that's really hard for me. She said they'd monitor me twice a week now (doing both non-stress tests and biophysical profiles) instead of once a week and at the first sign of any distress, they'd discuss options (bedrest, early delivery, etc.). I feel like I'm in very good hands...I'd just appreciate some prayers for my little guy. BTW, I think this is totally a God thing...I went in for spotting, and instead found this issue which is completely unrelated to the spotting! We probably would have never known about his lack of growth if I hadn't spotted. Weird.

Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted and let you know what the peri says when I get back from my appt. tomorrow. Sigh. I just wish I could relax and have a boring, uneventful pregnancy.





2 Comments:
Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

Anna, I'm sorry that you're having yet more drama. Hang in there, hope you get good news tomorrow.

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

How scary. However, I'm glad they're on the ball and getting you in for appointments.

Sending prayers your way (via up there)!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger