Saturday, February 11, 2006
Surprise!

So today I went over to the school for a bit to help my friend who's been coaching cheerleading with me all year. She was collecting all the uniforms and getting an inventory list together to make sure we had everything back from the girls...I figured it would take about 10-15 minutes and I could head back home to rest. Well...they (the girls and their moms) had set up a surprise baby shower for me!! How awesome is that?! I was shocked and a little embarrassed, since I was wearing sweatpants and one of Chris' t-shirts, but hey - they knew I was on bedrest and probably would've thought it was weird if I had dressed up for this, so its all good. Andrew has more cute clothes now and more diapers and wipes, so that's good. :) I am so anxious to get him here.

Today we took a big step. We washed all the baby clothes, blankets, bibs, and washcloths we'd gotten so far and packed the hospital bag. Wow. That felt HUGE to me. Like I'm assuming I'm really gonna have a baby and bring him home with me. Chris and I were talking about the BP thing, and how its still staying around 140/100, and we decided we might need to be ready in case they say they want to induce. I'm considered full-term in one more week, so I'm totally ready to do whatever it takes for Andrew's and my health. I'm really looking forward to talking to my regular doc on Monday to get their honest opinion on all this and see if we can develop some kind of plan, whether its more bedrest or possible induction. I'm thinking I won't be allowed to return to school if my BP stays up like this, but who knows. I really hate the "not knowing" of it all. I'm such a planner. I guess I need to get over that.

In other news, Chris is preaching tomorrow at a local church here, and at 2 pm I'm having a baby shower at our church. Exciting! They promised to put me on the couch with my feet propped up so I'm technically resting. :)

OK, back to the couch now...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger