Thursday, March 09, 2006
House Hunters: Day 1

Well, we got up early today and headed to our soon-to-be new county of residence (@ 2 hrs away) and spent the morning/early afternoon house hunting with a terrific real estate agent. Sheesh. We had actually planned to stay longer and meet with a second real estate agent, but by 2:00 Andrew was DONE and I just wanted to be home, so we grabbed lunch and headed home. He wasn't crying too much, but was getting increasingly fussier as the day went on. I could tell he really wanted out of the car seat. It was difficult trying to stop at a house, feed him for a few minutes, go to the next house, finish feeding and burping him, then dealing with dirty diapers...Next time we definitely need to get him a babysitter while we do the traveling. For the first time ever, I've found myself actually wishing we had family nearby! (All our family lives between 2-4 hours from here so we can't just drop him off with them...) He's precious, though, and as soon as we got home he was all smiles, cooing and giving us those adorable wide-eyed looks that I now live for.
ANYWAY...
The house hunting went well overall...We saw five houses and my favorite was, of course, the first one we looked at. We'll have to go back a few more times and check out some more homes (and have a second or third look at the first house), so it looks like we'll be eating up the interstate between here and there from now until April.
Tomorrow, Chris' mom and stepdad are coming to visit for the weekend (they had to leave soon after I delivered so they haven't even held Andrew yet), so I'm hoping I can maybe run some errands and get some things done while they are here to fawn over the little one. :) Driving was forbidden for 2 weeks, but this weekend the ban is lifted so I'm excited about that. My stitches have been itching like crazy, so I've been taking lots of sitz baths, which helps... (Thanks again for some great advice, Kathy!)
Hmmm...I guess that's all the news for now. Exciting, huh? :)





3 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Glad my advice has been helping! I never knew I could be this useful! ;-) Those sitzbaths really are the best.

Good luck with the house hunting...can't wait to hear how it goes!

 

Blogger Tonia had this to say:

I loved sitzbaths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I know you aren't Catholic but St. Joseph (Jesus' dad) is the go-to man for all house and home-related issues - home selling, home buying, moving, building, plus work, fatherhood, families, even 'happy death.'

Poor man doesn't get enough credit.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger