Monday, March 13, 2006
Ode to Formula Feeding

Oh, formula feeding, how I love thee...Let me count the ways!
1.) Sweet freedom to travel, house hunt, etc. without having to worry about whipping out my boob in public places
2.) Chris getting up in the middle of the night to feed Andrew while I sleep
3.) Chris and Andrew bonding during feedings
4.) MORE SLEEP - like 4-5 hrs at a time! Woohoo!
5.) Healthy weight gain for Andrew
6.) Lots more that I can't think of right now

Believe me, I would have breastfed if I could have, but I got nothin'. Not even colustrum. My doctor was worried that my milk MIGHT come in and then I'd be all sore and miserable while it dried up, but nope! Not even colostrum (sp?) coming out of these boobs! I guess there was way too much reconstruction going on when I had my breast reduction...But I refuse to feel guilty about that. That surgery was WAY too good for me (not just physically, but emotionally) to regret. I'd definitely do it all over again.

P.S. Thanks for understanding, Lorem. You're wonderful!!





2 Comments:
Blogger Paul Gardenghi had this to say:

Hi,

I found your blog through "Babes in Blogland". We are due to have a baby in June so I am super-excited to have found all these cool blogs. I just wanted to say "Good for you" for not guilting yourself about the breast feeding thing. I am at 26 weeks and can't stop leaking colostrum! It's a great that my body is working like it should and all, but sometimes I wonder.... :-) Anyway, thanks for such a cute post.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

I was hoping you'd get no soreness or annoying half-hearted milk production:)

Both modes of food delivery have merit. I've done both according to what suited my personal situation. Both ways were absolutely right for me and whichever particular child I was feeding.

And it has to be said, the sweetness of uninterrupted sleep cannot be overstated!! Glad it's working out for you guys:)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger