Friday, May 19, 2006
Reflux.

Well, its official. Andrew has reflux. I'd been in denial that anything could be really wrong. I mean, it was just "normal" baby spitup and gas, and when we switched to lactose-free formula, it got SO much better! About a week ago, though, things got MUCH worse. The spitup became vomit, and the painful gas returned. I took him to the pediatrician today and he's now on Axid and Mylanta, and I've been told to add rice cereal to his formula to thicken it and help keep it down. The doc told me that this would not make the spitup completely disappear, but would cause the pain to decrease significantly. That's fine with me; I can take a bit of spitup, I just hate seeing him in PAIN when he does it. Anyway, I feel bad for the little guy but am SO glad to have a plan to deal with it. I hate that I doubted my instinct and put this off for so long. I should know better. Eating should not be a painful thing. I told the doc I'd rather him tell me I was paranoid and need to relax rather than let this continue. I'm so glad I took him.

In better news, though, Andrew is now 11lbs 4oz! Double his birthweight!! Yay! My boy is growing!





4 Comments:
Blogger cat had this to say:

Awe poor baby... hope he's feeling better soon. Hurrah for his weight doubling though! :)

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Poor guy. Kam has it, too. Aaron had it when he was a baby also. Let us know how the meds work. I hope things get better soon.

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

I hope the meds help. I know so many babies on Zantac...I think the medication should help. Sorry! I know it is no fun!!!!

 

Blogger JoyFilled had this to say:

Ivey has reflux too, Anna. The Zantac seems to have helped, though. Great job on Andrew doubling his BW!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger