Monday, April 17, 2006
Deep Thoughts

I've been thinking a lot lately. I was considering abandoning this blog. I feel like I am so boring now that I'm a mommy. All I think about is feeding, changing, and playing with Andrew. Exciting stuff. My life is totally wrapped up in him right now. Well, him and the big move we're about to make. My house is full of boxes and I've only packed two or three of them because Andrew needs so much attention. He's experiencing so much change and doesn't even know it. He's having to travel a LOT and it wears him out. I wish I could make him understand...But I digress.
I had considered abandoning this blog because of my perception that I am now boring and have nothing new & exciting to say, but then I checked Cat (Galloping)'s blog. She wrote about this phenomena...about women who suffered infertility and/or loss (whether through stillbirth or miscarriage) suddenly abandoning their blogs once they achieved their dream of parenthood. It made me think, and I realized that my journey has not ended. It has certainly taken a life-changing turn, but it hasn't ended. Thanks for making me think, and inspiring me to keep on writing...





5 Comments:
Blogger Catherine had this to say:

It's not that people find it boring...it's that nobody cares about your child as much as you do. I don't mean that in a bad way...that's the way it's supposed to be. But when I read someone's blog, I want to read about that person...how they're feeling, what they're thinking, the stuff they do every day. So instead of hearing about how the baby is doing x, y, or z, I like to hear about how that affects the adult person...what that does to YOU.

Does that make any sense?

You aren't embarking on an incredible life journey...you've already started one. And I consider you a friend for having shared any part of it with me.

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Please keep writing! I understand how you feel because a lot of times I feel the same way. It seems like no one really reads to hear my boring stuff...I only get comments when something exciting or bad happens...but I hope that even in the boringness of everyday life, we can be an inspiration for those who are going through what we did last year. Not to mention that it's going to be neat to look back on all of these entries one day and have a log of all the things that make raising a baby a wonderful thing.

 

Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

see now i feel all influential and stuff. :)

www.gallopingcats.com

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Kind of funny - I tend to abandon people's blogs once they have children too. Not because I resent you guys, but because there's less and less we have in common. But on the other hand, you write less, so it's not like I'm falling behind checking in less often, too. Know what I mean?

And what Cathy said - no one cares about your child as much as you do. I'd like to read more of those posts about how YOU are. You haven't changed much, have you? Just the road around you.

 

Blogger Amber had this to say:

You are absolutely NOT boring! I appreciate your blog very much, especially since I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and had 3 losses along the way. I feel like I can relate to you in so many ways, and enjoy reading even more now that Andrew is here.
Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger