Sunday, March 26, 2006
Birth WHAT?!?!

Tomorrow I go for my postpartum checkup. I'm supposed to ask about things like (dare I say it?) birth control...What the heck?! I haven't been on birth control for almost 2 years!! (I took off the Patch for the last time in June 2004.) I can't even imagine trying to PREVENT pregnancy. But there's no way I can handle being pregnant again, so I guess I should get something in the off chance that my body might have finally learned how to get (and stay) pregnant. Its just so hard to say...birth control. For two years, my life has been all about trying to get and stay pregnant. I don't want to go through that again. I really don't want to take anything that might mess with my system and make the process more difficult, once we actually get to the point where we think about having a second child. I loved the Pill and the Patch...made me much less hormonal, crampy, and PMS-y...but I'm afraid that it might have contributed a little bit to my conception difficulties. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? (Condoms are out, just so you know.) Any advice is appreciated! :)





5 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Coalminer had this to say:

I'm with you; no pill no condoms. We've tried the foam, and it's ok. I'd like to try the spermicide sheets, too, because you can put those in up to 3 hours before.

Hope this helps. I couldn't do an IUD because my yoot is not perfect..

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Hmmm...we're just using condoms until Matt gets the "all clear" from his vasectomy. I like them because they are neat and tidy, but beyond that, they suck. Not sure what else to recommend...although there's the Nuvaring, a ring that you stick in your hoo ha and it has hormones like the pill, but you don't have to remember to take it every day. I think it stays in for a few weeks? Hope this helps.

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

I have the Mirena IUD. I don't know how you feel about the IUD (cause I know you are a mite religious) :)...but Mirena works with progesterone so it's not like the nonhormonal IUD. I got mine 8 weeks pp and so far I like it. I had spotting up until maybe a week ago, but that's been the only negative (other than that it's expensive). It's good for up to 5 years, but maybe is overkill if you want to try again soon. I figure mine pays for itself in about a year when you think about how much bcps cost (plus I hate bcps).

 

Blogger JoyFilled had this to say:

I feel the same way about birth control Anna. Have you considered a diaphragm? That's what I'm considering, since it's non-hormonal (won't mess with my cycles, which is the very thing I want/need after TTC this one) and I only have to use it when I want to. I didn't plan on using ANYTHING at all and TTC again right away, but with all that's happened lately after the baby came (we moved, I got sick, DH was sick, etc) I'm feeling more like waiting a couple months before trying again, so I've got to look at my options, too...

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I love my diaphragm, although they're kind of hard to come by. (I've been waiting for my backordered replacement since August.) There's something similar now.. a cervical cap, I think. I will never use the Pill again (unless Dr. H says so, for some other reason).

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger