Tuesday, December 12, 2006
No really...I'm the WORST mom.

So remember how I fell down the stairs Friday and thought Andrew was just a little sore? Well, Sunday we noticed some swelling around his knee. First thing Monday (yesterday) we got him to the doctor, who sent us to the urgent care place, who x-rayed him and said, "oh! Its broken!!!!!" and then sent us to the hospital ER to get it in a splint. 12 hrs later, we're home and exhausted and I feel just horrible for thinking everything was OK. Sigh. A broken leg and my poor baby in a splint from hip to toe...

He was so darn happy through it all...amazing! (Unless you tried to touch his leg...That's why we finally decided to go get it checked.) He was such a trooper! They told me at 5:30 pm (about 30 minutes before he gets his last bottle of the day) that he wasn't allowed any water or formula or anything else until it was set, just in case they needed to do surgery to reset the bones. I know he was STARVING, but he was just smiling and laughing and flirting with the nurses. Didn't complain a bit! Not even a whimper, even though it was 11 pm before we left the ER and he fell asleep (he goes to bed @ 7:30 pm usually). We are so lucky. It could have been so much worse.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger