Sunday, October 29, 2006
Family Fun

Whew...my mom and stepdad just left to go home. They've been here since Wed. afternoon and we had such a good time. We went to the Georgia Aquarium, which was MOBBED because of the NASCAR race that is happening this weekend right up the way from our home. Knowing and caring nothing at all about NASCAR, we didn't think about this before we left. Oh well. Andrew had a ball looking at all the beautiful fishies. He would slap the glass every time he got close enough, which I'm sure made the employees just SO happy. At least he had fun. :) I never thought I'd say this, but I really wish my family lived closer. They all adore Andrew so much, and he just loves them right back...I would love for them to see him more and know him more. At least we're lucky enough that they care to make the 4-5 hr trip to come see us so often. I know so many people whose parents just don't make the effort to know their grandkids, so I know how very, very lucky we are.

The time change had me all stressed out, because I know how my guy's internal clock is set, and keeping him up later than normal does NOTHING to make him sleep later. In fact, its quite the opposite. The later he goes to bed, the earlier he wakes up the next morning. Definitely NOT a trait he got from me. Anyway, sure enough, he woke up at 5 am this morning, but he was babbling and laughing, so I didn't go get him. Bad mommy? Hey, he went back to sleep and slept until 6:45 am so it worked for us! I would have gone to get him had he cried, but he never did. Cool beans. I just hope it wasn't a one-time thing and everything continues to go so well. Maybe I shouldn't hold my breath, because I swear he's about to cut a tooth. Drooling like a maniac and FUSSY today. Chewing on everything like he's some kind of beaver, too. I'm on the lookout for a tooth coming through any day now...

I moved the PNP downstairs so he could have a safe place to play while I did stuff around the house. I didn't know how he'd do with being confined, but there's lots of toys in there, and he can be at eye level with the dog, so he's LOVING it. Its so great! I wish I'd thought of this earlier!

Anyway, gotta run...Fussy boy needs a hug.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger