Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Wiggles and Wishes

We're getting closer to crawling...I think. Andrew is SUCH a wiggleworm these days. He is scooting backwards, which of course freaks him out and frustrates him to no end that he's getting FARTHER from the toys instead of closer. He's rolling to get from point A to point B, but that gets tiring, so more screaming ensues. I pick him up and carry him around, and he loves that for all of about 30 seconds. Then he's struggling to get out of arms, then screaming when he succeeds. Sitting up is cool for about 2 minutes, until he realizes that he's not MOVING, so more fussing must begin. I'm worn out. I love this kid, but I can't wait until he figures this out and can move on his own. Wait, maybe I can. I have a feeling I'll never be able to sit down again once he does. Hmmm. Ah well. He's so stinkin' cute and happy, and makes the most adorable little sounds (no, the screaming is NOT one of those endearing sounds)...I just love him to pieces. So much my heart feels like its going to explode. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. I don't know if its because of the miscarriage, or because I know so many who have struggled or continue to struggle for this very thing, but I feel as if I just can't take a second for granted. I enjoy every single day with him, and its crazy but I actually MISS him when he's sleeping. Sometimes I have to restrain myself from going to his room and waking him up when he's napping, just so I can enjoy his company. Sometimes I want to try co-sleeping, even though we tried that and it SUCKED (he thinks our bed is a playground, not a place of rest)...I just want to be close to him and touch him and cuddle him all the time. I carry him in the Bjorn all the time when we're out, because I don't like letting him sit in the cart. He loves to be closer to people's faces, and I want him close to my heart. Is that weird? He's just growing up way too fast, and while that's a lot of fun to watch, I dread the day he says "Mom, put me down!" or "EEEWWW, mom, don't kiss me in public!" Sigh. I wish I could stop time some days.





1 Comments:
Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

I totally agree! I miss Gatito when he's sleeping and I have a special song I sing and dance when he wakes up to show him how happy I am to see him. He giggles and dances, too! All in, I think I'm glad we don't co-sleep, but sometimes I wish we could snuggle. Like Andrew, though, Gatito sees our bed as a playground, not a place of rest. Which is probably for the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger