Monday, August 28, 2006
Exhausted

Whew, I'm tired. We went shopping Friday and got two new TV's, a new DVD player, and a new phone for upstairs. We have a $1000 deductible on our insurance and up to one year to make a claim, so we're keeping all receipts and everything, just to see how it adds up. Bellsouth came and fixed our phone for free! Woohoo! We have to call DirecTV because our upstairs box won't work. It works fine downstairs...TiVo even kept recording through all the madness! Upstairs, however, everything was blown. Oh well. Anyway, that's the update as far as that drama is concerned.

Andrew, however, has suddenly become a drama king himself. I don't know if its the teething (I can feel two teeth ready to pop through at any moment), the crazy schedule we've had this weekend (which let to way too few naps - my boy, who used to nap anywhere, will suddenly ONLY nap in his crib!), or the fact that he's rolling over and trying to sit up that's waking him up at night, but its making me tired. The past two nights he's flat out refused his bedtime bottle and woken up at least twice in the night SCREAMING. When I run in there, sometimes he's on his belly, but he's usually on his belly doing push-ups. He sleeps on his side so what I *think* is happening is that he's rolling to his side and just keeps going until he's on his belly, then he gets all mad because he can't figure out why he's in that position and is too tired to figure out he needs to just roll onto his back. Its exhausting. Any ideas? Experience? How long will this go on???

Other than these items, all is well. The meds are helping and I feel much better about things. A couple of months ago, all of this would have probably sent me into a rage or had me bawling my eyes out.





3 Comments:
Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

gatito did that, too. kept flipping over to his stomach and crying and we'd have to come flip him back. i think it lasted for a couple of weeks and i don't think there's anyway around except through. sorry!

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I'm just catching up - happy half-birthday to Andrew, and I'm thankful along with you that the damage was minimal.

 

Blogger Sara had this to say:

Ainsley has just started rolling all over the place, but we are still (STILL, ug) swaddling her. We have that drama to deal with. She does not really roll over until she gets out of her swaddle and since we have moved, she has been sleeping better. (knock on wood)

Glad you are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger