Thursday, August 24, 2006
6 months old...and quite a day!

Wow. Today, Andrew is 6 months old. Crazy. My sweet little boy who used to love to lie in mommy's arms for hours now wants nothing more than to roll around on the floor. He's so excited about his new skills. He keeps pulling his knees underneath him (butt in the air, face smooshed into the carpet), but hasn't quite figured out that he needs to push up on his arms before he can work on getting somewhere. :) So cute. I love this kid.

Had his 6 month appointment yesterday and here's the lowdown: 16 lbs (25th %), 24.75 inches long (5th %) and head circomference 44.5 cm (70th %!!!!!). Yeah, he's short and fat like me, but has a huge head like his daddy. We're so proud!!! He got his shots and has been running a slight fever, but we're watching it and giving him Tylenol to keep it down. We went to our first Mom's Club playgroup this morning and it was fun!! The moms were great and I liked them. I think they liked me, too. Andrew LOVED watching the other babies!!! I would post a 6-month pic, but with all the drama today (see below), I just didn't get to it.

In other news, LIGHTNING STRUCK OUR HOUSE TODAY!!! Scared the bejeesus out of us and Andrew. He was sleeping in his room and woke up screaming his head off. I felt more fear than I ever have in my life when I heard that scream. I knew he was probably just scared by the horrific noise, but had a sudden flash that maybe the lightning had caused a fire in his room or something. He was fine, just a little shaken...He was clinging to me all afternoon, every time he heard thunder. It was freaky. The house is OK, though. Both of our TV's, one VCR, and one DVD player are all totally fried. We *think* everything else is OK, but when we get new TV's we'll have to see. Our phones were out, and a small area on the wall around the phone jack in our den is black from the blowout, but otherwise we're OK. We're all alive and healthy and that's all that matters. No fire, no roof damage (it hit the box on the side of our house with all the cables and wires...just below Andrew's window! Scary!!)...Tonight, we are so grateful to God for our lives and all the wonderful blessings we've been given.





4 Comments:
Blogger Inge had this to say:

Hi Anna, my dh has a coworker who had this happen and when I mentioned it to him, he suggested you have someone come out to your house to check every line connection, from the source to the outlet. I guess any could be fried and can fry any new electronic you plug in. Once you have your insurance claim adjusted, you can't claim future damage. So sorry this happened in the first place, but glad you are all safe and sound.

Inge (fertility friend march mom)

 

Blogger Sweet Coalminer had this to say:

Scary! I hope everything else is ok. It sucks, though.

Sweet little one. I love the stats. Very cute. Would love to see a new pic!

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

How terrifying! I am glad you're all okay.

Sounds like Andrew is doing wonderfully! Can't believe he's already 6 months...

 

Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

I'm glad you're okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger