Thursday, December 28, 2006
Sigh of Relief

Christmas is over. I used to love Christmas. I still do, but the fact that we now have to travel to three different places with a child has seriously decreased the excitement factor. For years we have traveled to be with family. When we were in TX we drove 12-15 hrs (depending on where we were going) to be with family in Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. Now that we're in Georgia, the trip is not as long, but might as well be because there's a 10-month old with us. Granted, he is a fantastic baby and loves his car seat. (I can only imagine the horror of having a child who hates their car seat and screams the whole time.) The amount of stuff that must travel with said baby, however, is ENORMOUS. Oh.My.Gosh. How can a person who is only 20 lbs and 10 month sold require SO MUCH STUFF? Sheesh! Oh, and then add to that the amount of Christmas presents he received and we almost had to rent a U-haul to get home. Crazy. I told everyone that, next Christmas, they're going to have to come to US. There is no way in you-know-where that I am doing this with a 22 month old and a 5 month old. No way.

Anyway, despite my complaints, it was a lovely Christmas, though rushed. Andrew got lots of good stuff, including a TMX Elmo! He got lots of great clothes and toys and was spoiled rotten overall. :) He was such a good baby. Today we went to the orthopedic doctor and got his splint off. He has to wear a brace for another couple of weeks but we can remove it for baths and next week we can let his sleep without it, so its all good. He's healing up really well.

I guess that's all for now. I hear the boy babbling so I'm going to go check on him...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger