Sunday, October 14, 2007
Toddler Bed!

Oh.my.gosh.

Andrew is currently sleeping in his toddler bed. I am shocked and SO not ready for this.

We tried co-sleeping but Andrew hated it (would NOT sleep), so he has always been in a crib. He sleeps beautifully...started sleeping 8 hrs straight at 6 weeks old, then started sleeping 12-13 hrs straight at @ 3 months.

Our friends got their boys a set of bunk beds about 4-5 months ago, so they sold us their 4-yr-old's adorable firetruck toddler bed at a very cheap price. Its just been sitting in his room since then, just letting him get used to it. We were not going to force the issue or anything. My friend's daughter slept in her crib until she was 3.5 and did great. We were in no rush. Still aren't. Tonight, he fussed instead of going right to sleep, so when I went to get him, he climbed up in the firetruck bed. I thought I would just see what happened, so I transferred the mattress and - much to my shock and surprise - he laid down and went right to sleep!

Who knows if he'll sleep through the night, wake up freaked out, or whatever. If he wants to go back to his crib tomorrow, that's fine. But for now, he's in his toddler bed and I am amazed at how grown up my little boy is getting.





1 Comments:
Blogger JoyFilled had this to say:

How sweet!! And how convenient...no having to work on the transition!!

I love toddler beds...they're so stinkin' cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger