Friday, October 26, 2007
update

Hey, thanks for the congrats! I didn't know there were that many people who still looked at this blog! Wow! Also, I've discovered that two friends have been hiding their pregnancies but outed themselves to me after hearing my news! Don't worry - I'll keep it quiet. :)

So anyway, two more faint positives today. I checked my chart and I'm only 12 DPO, so I guess that's OK. I would be freaking out if they were this light at 14-15 DPO. In fact, I'm freaking out now but trying desperately to stay calm. I called the OB first thing this morning, and wouldn't you know it? She's out of town for a week. The nurse midwife called me back to tell me. I told her the situation and she said she would try to talk to the doc on call and see if he would call something in for me despie not knowing me or my situation. Its been 4 hours and I haven't heard anything back. Hmmph. Oh, and of course its a Friday which means I would ahve to wait all weekend before having the chance to hear anything if they don't cal back within 3 hrs.

I called and left another message. Hopefully they'll get the point and let me know something. In the meantime, though, I went and got some progesterone cream and will use that in the meantime. I can't just sit here and do NOTHING. I know I can't do anything about genetic mishaps, but there are a few things I CAN do to help sustain this little life. Taking progesterone is one of those things.

Anyway. I told my parents about the pregnancy, and they were excited but "wanted me to keep it quiet until I see the doctor." I guess having two miscarriages has made them cautious. Heh. They have no idea. I would love to shout this from the rooftops, but fear has crippled me. I have yet to say anything about "the baby"...Instead, I say "I have gotten four positive pregnancy tests." Sad. I am so excited and I am praying every 30 seconds for God to protect this little one and spare his/her life, but I know too well what can happen.

So, anyway, any prayers/good vibes are all very much appreciated. Please keep 'em coming!





4 Comments:
Blogger JoyFilled had this to say:

Hey Anna! I understand about the desperate need for progesterone! I was in a very similar situation when I found out I was pg with Ivey. The progesterone cream can actually hold you over quite well, but use LOTS of it! I was putting about 4x the normal dosage on 2x a day, since it's less concentrated and harder to absorb anyway (remember to use it on fatty areas!). It got kind of expensive but I'm SOOOO glad I was using it! I'll never know if I really "needed" it or not but just the peace of mind that it gave me was enough to make it worth it!!

(This time I haven't even called a doc yet...this is totally a walk by faith for me this time, drastically different than last time, and I'm planning on doing things very differently, but it's SO hard because I'd had 2 u/s's by this time with Ivey and blood draws and all sorts of stuff, so it's hard not having that "confirmation", KWIM?)

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

There's nothing I can say to calm your fears because I have been there and I know. But I can tell you on this end of things that there is success and you will have it! The fears are natural and they will last the whole time (I am sure you remember from A). But it's so worth it in the end. If you ever need to talk, I am always a good ear. (((hugs))) I am SO happy for you!!

 

Blogger Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama had this to say:

ANNA!!!!!! Congratulations! I am SO thrilled for you! God is holding you both in His strong hands, and He will deliver you! (Okay, not literally deliver the baby, but you know what I mean, LOL!)

Love you and CONGRATS, mama!

 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

I am crossing everything for you, dear.

Sara @ Vegas Mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger