Sunday, January 13, 2008
update

We're back! The cruise was so much fun, despite the drama of being with 8 other family members and friends...Cozumel was GORGEOUS. I hope to share pics soon.
As soon as I woke up the last morning on the ship (the day we docked), I had this little cough. No big deal, I thought. Well, after breakfast (TMI alert!) I started coughing so hard I threw up EVERYTHING. Gross. All the way home in the car (we drove to the port) I was coughing like a freak and couldn't eat a thing. When we got home Thursday night, I was feeling like I'd been hit by a mack truck. I took some Tylenol, took a bath, and tried to eat the wonderful dinner my mom had made. Not 30 minutes later it all came up as well. I started running a fever of 101-102 that would.not.come.down. I took Tylenol every hour from 11 pm-2 am and it FINALLY broke. I went to the doctor Friday where I was diagnosed with a "raging UTI" (her words, not mine). She gave me a HUGE shot of antibiotics, plus three prescriptions...one antibiotic for the UTI and two for the coughing/congestion. Despite all this my fever keeps coming back and my cough is still horrible. Since Thursday night, all I've been able to keep down is saltines, cranberry juice, and Sprite. Even WATER comes up immediately. So weird. I have a call in to my OB (yes, I called on a Sunday) to see if there is anything more I can do to bring down the fever and get better. I am worried about a possible kidney infection and definitely worried about the baby. Thank God I have a doppler and can hear a nice, steady h/b (160's-170's every time!). I just worry about the fever's effect on the baby's development. Does anyone know more about this?
Ugh, I HATE being the crazy paranoid pregnant woman. But I believe I have reason to be.





3 Comments:
Blogger JoyFilled had this to say:

Oh Anna, you poor thing! DEFINITELY get a BUNCH of probiotics daily with being on so many abx!! As for the fever, I hope you get to feeling well soon! I'm not sure what it is about this pregnancy, but I'm sick for the 5th time since Thanksgiving and have had a fever with almost every one, so I can sorta relate, but boy is it no fun!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I hope you're feeling much better today Anna!

 

Blogger Sweet Coalminer had this to say:

I hope you're finally feeling better. Sorry about the fever. I would be freaking out too. I was on antibiotics I think 5 times this last pregnancy.

I think it's a girl! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger