Thursday, July 07, 2005
My Heart Weeps

I am so sad for those poor people in London. How awful. I fear for my brother-in-law in Afghanistan and my cousin in Iraq. I have a strange feeling things are going to escalate soon. I voted for Bush, but I have grown to hate this war. I'm glad they got Saddam. Now I just wish they could find Osama and somehow shut down all these terrorist organizations. I don't know if that will ever happen, though. I think if we ever withdraw from Afghanistan and Iraq, the bad guys will just move right back in and we'll be in worse shape than ever before. I just don't know if its worth all the lives we're sacrificing. On one hand, seeing these tragic events makes me want to hunt down and kill whoever did this, but really...what good would that do? Isn't that what they WANT? To be seen as "martyrs for their cause?" I don't know the answer. I'm just so very tired of all the violence. Makes me wonder what I'm thinking, trying to bring a child into this world. I'm praying for our world leaders and praying for PEACE. I want our soldiers back home in the arms of their familes, where they belong. I'm praying this never happens again. Most of all, right now I'm praying for London and the wonderful people there. God, please, bring us peace. Sorry if any of this has offended anyone...I'm not sure it makes much sense. I'm just rambling...had to get away from the TV for a while and get it out of my head a little.





3 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

• The fact that you are sad shows that you are compassionate and human.
• Your fear shows that you have sense.
• Your anticipation is based both on prior events and terrorists' aims. Consider the first more.
• We have been lied to.
• I'm reading a novel right now about Iraqi immigrants and am learning a lot about Sadaam too.
• Getting bin Laden will inspire his followers. This happens in good and bad movements. Look at Jesus Christ. Dead, but not forgotten.
• We are stuck. It will be a long time.
• Probably not. They have nothing to lose. We have everything.
• Feelings of revenge are evil's way of winning out.
• Yes they would be seen as martyrs.
• Every generation wonders about this world. My mother used to take me to anti-Vietnam demonstrations and so I'd get a sense of the bad but also the good of this world at a very young age.
• Praying is about all we can do. And talking about it.
• I want them home too. They are human. I want everyone at home. The enemy's mother loves their children too.
• But it will...
• London is wonderful, and I believe most people are good too.
• Amen.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, Eve. You always know how to respond "just right"...

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

I feel your pain and confusion. I wish they had caught bin Laden when they were meant to but if you get him, 10 more pop up in his place, angrier and more harmful. What is supposed to happen to move the world forward? If only there was an answer, but I really don't think there is. These massive wars just shift from one set of adversaries to another. The world will always fight like this. It's too awful to comtemplate.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger