Friday, May 26, 2006
Jinx!

Man, I knew it. I knew as soon as I told someone about the way Andrew's been sleeping through the night, he'd stop. After THREE WEEKS of 9+ hrs of straight sleep every night, and 11 hours for the past week or so, the past two nights he's woken up at 2 am screaming for food. Growth spurt? I have no idea...He's reached 12 lbs and it doesn't seem like he should be hungry but the way he sucks on the paci I know he's wanting to eat. Anyone have any great ideas? (Kathy, you always seem to know what's up...Help me!) Anyway, he eats, then goes right back to sleep and sleeps until his normal 7 am waking time. Just seems weird that he'd go from sleeping great to all of a sudden needing to eat in the middle of the night!

In other news, Chris forced me to get out of the house without Andrew yesterday. I say FORCED because we had a huge fight Wed. night and I slept in the guest room...So when I woke up he was there saying I needed to get away and get some distance. He told me to go out to eat, go shopping, whatever. So I did! :) Best idea he's had in a long time. I went to eat alone and took a GREAT book to read...It was wonderful to just sit and read a non-baby book and enjoy the solitude. Then I went to Target and picked up some stuff for the house.

As I was driving around, I saw a hair salon and tried to remember when I last had a haircut. Since I couldn't remember, I decided I needed one badly. I LOVE it when they shampoo your hair. I about fell asleep in the chair. Ahh...so nice. Then I had to go grocery shopping. By the time I finished I felt almost drunk from the fatigue. The haircut REALLY relaxed me...plus I was really tired before I left, so with all that, plus my full belly, I was about to pass out. I was so tired I dropped a jar of Miracle Whip and it smashed to pieces in the store. SO embarrassing. Anyway, I went home and first thing I did was take a nap...Heaven! I'm almost glad we had the fight since it made Chris realize how stressed I am and made him think to give me such a wonderful day!

Today my mom is heading here to help with the house. We still have SO much painting and little repairs to do. She and my stepdad are going to help, which will be great! They'll be here until the 31st, so hopefully we'll get lots done. Should be a busy, but fun, weekend!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger