Thursday, June 01, 2006
My Angels

It just hit me that today, I should be holding a one-year-old. My first pregnancy ended too soon, and the baby that I lost should be one year old today. That baby is spending his or her day in heaven today, while I hold a living, three month old angel in my arms. Andrew is such a gift. Its weird to think about the fact that he would never have existed if my first baby had stuck around. I feel very conflicted about it. Its not that I'm glad that my angel didn't stay with us; its just that I'm so very glad to have Andrew! I know I would never have known the difference had I never miscarried...but to think about not having his big, beautiful smile waiting for me every morning...his arms flinging about, just begging me to pick h im up...his legs kicking and scooting his body away from me (reminding me that he'll be running around - away from mommy - far too soon for my tastes)...it makes me sad, and so very, very grateful for my baby boy.

Happy not-to-be birthday, my angel.

Thank you God, for my Andrew.





1 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

((((hugs))))

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger