Saturday, June 03, 2006
Rolling over, Push-ups, and SLEEP!

Andrew is doing all kinds of new stuff this morning! Last night he went to sleep at 6 pm (!!) and slept straight through until 6:30 am!! CRAZY! I was reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" the other night and the book said that around 3-4 months, babies start needing the extra sleep and an earlier bedtime. I thought, "What the heck, I'll try putting him down a couple of hours earlier and see what happens." Believe it or not, it worked! He slept 12.5 hrs! THEN his usual 45 minute morning nap turned into a 2-hr nap! He's asleep again now. Is he catching up from all the craziness of our busy weekend (painting, repairs, etc.) or have I just been not putting him down early enough and therefore depriving him of the sleep he needs?? Either way, I'm so glad he's getting the rest he needs and I am counting my blessings!!
Other new things he did for the first time today - did his first big push-up on his tummy (before today, tummy time consisted of him smooshing his face into the floor and SCREAMING), and...he rolled over all on his own! Well, not all the way over, but from his back to his side and back again! I was excited. Anyway, here's pictures from the proud mama:













And here's a cute picture of Andrew and his constant guardian, Toby (the only cat that will really pay him any attention right now):
P.S. Andrew rather enjoys being naked these days...I guess the heat is getting to him. Plus he can move and groove to his heart's content with no clothes to get in his way! :)





4 Comments:
Blogger laura had this to say:

that kid rocks. i could look at pics of him all day.

 

Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

i read that book and thought the same thing, which is why gatito goes to bed between 6 and 6:30 pm and wakes up between 6 and 7 am. PLUS naps during the day. i've actually tried keeping him up a little later at night (so we could see him more after work) and he just cries until we put him to bed.

love the pic with the cat. well, all of them, actually.

 

Blogger Sara had this to say:

I also enjoyed that book. :-)

I am taking Ainsley to the doc next week about reflux. Did the meds seems to help your little one? Was he fussy at all before and did that decrease?

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Haven't read the book, but Andrew does look happy! (And with the heat, who wouldn't want to be naked?) Thanks for sharing them.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger