Saturday, December 30, 2006
Ice cream

This pregnancy is SO different. With Andrew I was sick ALL.THE.TIME. I checked into L&D weighting 3 lbs more than I did pre-pregnancy. Crazy. This time, however, I cannot.stop.eating. Seriously. My favorite thing right now is the Edy's Dibs. Mint flavor, please. Small, perfect little bites of mint ice cream covered in chocolate. Pure heaven. Sigh. I think this pregnancy will find me weighting about 300 lbs more than I did pre-pregnancy if this continues. Maybe its a girl? Hmm. Only time will tell.

Can I just share some of the fun little comments we got over the Christmas holiday?

From dear old' dad: "Don't you know what causes this??"
Yes, Dad, we do. It took us over a year to conceive Andrew, however, so we didn't expect that ONE TIME unprotected (and rather late in my cycle) would be "the one."

From my brother: "Don't y'all have TV?"
Ummm, yes. And TiVo, too. However, there was one night when nothing good was on. Heroes' season had ended, Lost was over, Criminal Minds...all done for the season. Seriously. We're married people and sometimes we like to act like it.

From multiple other people: "Don't you know there's about 100 different types of birth control out there?"
Yes, I am aware. However, having Andrew changed my body in that all of a sudden hormonal BC was driving me crazy. We decided to use barrier protection (condoms) but hey...I guess 97% effectivity just wasn't enough this time. I find it quite ironic, actually, that I had to go on fertility meds to conceive Andrew, yet this time my body figured out just what to do and did it despite my efforts to prevent it!

Anyway. Enough of that. I still don't feel pregnant. I just want to eat everything I see and I'm super tired. I am finding it hard to believe I'm really pregnant, even though I am wearing maternity pants already and having serious BH contractions when I do too much.

I am supposed to go for my 1st ultrasound on the 15th of January. I'll be 11w5d. Wish us luck!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger