Thursday, January 24, 2008
The UTI that won't go away!

Ugh, I am STILL suffering from this UTI. I've been on abx for two weeks now (a shot, then a 7-day course of Macrobid, then 3 days of shots, and now starting Augmentin). Apparently, this specific kind of infection is resistant to everything else but they think it will respond to the Augmentin. I sure hope so. I am so sick of being sick. My digestive system is so screwed up with all these abx pumping through my system. Last night I woke up with HORRIBLE cramping. Seriously. It woke me up and scared me to death. I got out the doppler and Itty Bitty seems fine, but wow, I was scared.
OK, enough complaining. Off to look for happier news out there in the blogosphere!





3 Comments:
Blogger Anna had this to say:

Try drinking chammomile tea at double or tripple strength. That's resolved some UTIs I've had. Are you eating yogurt wth live cultures for your digestive system? I hope you feel better soon! (hugs)

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

I had a UTI that wouldn't go away when I was pregnant with Kameron. I ended up on a low dose of amoxicillin every day through the whole pregnancy. You may want to ask the doctor to give you the same after you're finished with the augmentin. It should help keep it from coming back and it's totally safe. Hope you feel better soon.

 

Blogger Sweet Coalminer had this to say:

Augmentin gives Mimi horrible diarrhea.

I agree with anna - take some kind of probiotic so you don't wind up with stomach problems for months.

I hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger