Thursday, February 21, 2008
overdue update

Sigh...No more excuses about it being so long between updates! With a toddler to chase, a pregnancy to deal with, and all the sickness that has been around lately, its just been HARD to keep up. I am feeling 100% better since finally getting off the abx, though! What a difference! Hopefully I can keep away from the UTI's from now on...

I do have exciting news, though! Its a GIRL!!! We had the level II u/s on Monday morning and the tech and doc were both positive its a little lady! Her name is Hannah Jane. We are thrilled beyond belief. We would have been so happy to have a little brother for Andrew, but of course we're excited to have a little princess around as well. :) We drove to Nashville immediately after the appt to be with family for a few days and of course my mom and stepmom went a little crazy buying little girl clothes. It was wonderful.

While we were in Nashville, we had an early birthday party for Andrew! He will be 2 yrs old on Sunday (the 24th) and since we were close to family for a few days, my mom threw a big bash at her house so his family could be there. Its just too hard for everyone to travel down here to GA for a party. Anyway, he got covered up in trucks, cars, firetrucks, etc. He was in HEAVEN. We got so many toys that we couldn't bring them all back. My mom is going to bring more when she comes down to visit for Easter. :) His birthday party HERE is on Saturday morning...I can't imagine what out house is going to look like afterwards...It sure is fun, though! Andrew is SUCH a good kid. So happy. I love him to pieces. :)

My mom says we should start trying to transition him to a toddler bed. Several months ago he slept in his toddler bed (its a firetruck bed) for two nights and did really well. Two nights was it, though. The current situation is that he gets tired @ 6:45 pm, goes upstairs, runs to the tub and gets in. Afterwards, we put on his jammies and he jumps up, grabs his paci and two loveys (blankie and stuffed giraffe), and RUNS to his crib saying, "night night!" He gladly gets in and either goes right to sleep or plays for awhile (up to 2 hrs even!) in the dark before calmly going to sleep. He looooooooves his crib. I know Hannah will eventually need it, but not in the beginning. He slept in the PNP bassinet for over 4 months, so why can't she? I just think we have time and we should let him be as long as he is happy and not trying to escape or anything. My friend's daughter stayed in her crib until she was 4. She loved it and wanted to sleep there. What's wrong with that? Opinions?

Work is going all right. I really love the administration and fellow teachers at the school, but the kids are ROUGH. I do NOT enjoy getting up for work every other day. This week is Winter Break so its been a nice week, but I am already dreading going back on Monday. I am just so glad I am able to work part-time. If we didn't need the benefits, I would SO beg Chris to let me quit. Sigh. I think I am going to be able to teach math next year, though (teaching reading right now), so that will help. I love teaching math!! Enjoying what I teach will help tremendously, I think.

Hannah kicks me constantly. Seriously. I have a posterior placenta this time (anterior with Andrew), so I feel much more than I did with him. She's also breech at the moment, so I feel like she is tap dancing on my bladder, but the constant movement is so comforting. Today she had a lazy day, I guess, and I didn't feel her move until about 5 pm. I was getting nervous. Good thing I still have my doppler. :) I love that thing.

OK, gotta go. Chris' mom and stepdad are going to be here any minute. I just wanted to update since its been so long...If anyone is still reading my blog, let me know! :)





2 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Glad to hear you're doing well! A little girl, how exciting!

 

Blogger Sweet Coalminer had this to say:

Yay! An update! Glad you're doing well. And a girl! They're wonderful (but so are boys).

sweetcoalminer

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger