Saturday, July 30, 2005
Freak Out

Had a bit of a scare yesterday morning. Chris and I "got friendly" Thursday night, and Friday morning I woke up to (TMI alert!) brown/black mucousy spotting. I only saw it twice, and it was much less the second time, but I called the doc anyway. I didn't get to talk to wonderful Dr. E, but I talked to the doctor on-call who is quite wonderful as well, and he said he was 99% positive it was caused by the intercourse. He said the cervix is so engorged by blood at this point that any contact can cause this sort of thing, and he said if it continued at all or if it turned bright red, to call immediately and they would get me an ultrasound. The spotting stopped as suddenly as it began, though, and I was good and sick all day (could NOT keep anything down until dinner). My mom came in town, and I kinda forgot about it. I didn't go for an ultrasound. Am I crazy for not going? I still feel very pregnant and I feel confident that the spotting was indeed caused by having intercourse. I am carefully watching, however, and you can bet that if this happens again, I will be knocking down their door for an ultrasound just to make sure our little one is still with us.

In the meantime, my mom took me shopping for maternity clothes last night, and we had a really nice weekend. She lives in Nashville and she & my stepdad just left to go back home. Its rainy here and I want to just lie down and take a nap. In fact, I think I will go do that right now.





3 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Oh Anna - I know that panic feeling so well((HUGS)).

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for no more scares like that.

Keep on vomiting....it's a great sign:)

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

I am sorry you had to go through that. It's so scary...but glad to hear all seems to be well. Take care and get some rest. :)

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, girls. It means a lot that you guys check up on me and think of me. Hopefully the rest of this pregnancy will be quite boring. Hugs to you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger